SMALL WORLD LABS ONLINE COMMUNITY CONSULTANT POSITION
Do you love social media and online communities? Are you good at learning new software products? Can you think analytically, creatively, and strategically? Do people tell you that you’re TOO detail-oriented? Do you love communicating with people? Do you love working in a flexible environment with unlimited opportunities for growth? Do you love having to figure new things out, codifying them into a structured plan, and then executing that plan? Have you run your own blog? If so, we have the perfect job for you!
The Online Community Consultant serves as a member of the Small World Labs Community Team. This role serves as an account and engagement manager for clients using the Small World Labs online community platform. The Online Community Consultant helps our customers effectively deploy, operate, and promote their online community so that it achieves their organization's goals.
- Understand and help develop clients' organizational and online community goals
- Make strategy, marketing, messaging, social media and community platform configuration recommendations based on these goals, as well as execute on these recommendations
- Assist with implementing new clients, from initial community goals, schedules, and strategies to the configuration of our platform
- Manage projects, project schedules, pace, input sessions, and milestones
- Assist with ongoing community engagement activities, such as multi-channel and social media promotion, content editing and development, creating new community areas, driving participation, and measuring results
- Coordinate with clients and 3rd party teams, lead status meetings with a high attention to details, develop tasks and action items
- Communicate effectively and develop strong relationships with clients
- Become an expert with our online community platform
- Conduct client training so they understand the full capability of our platform
- Manage, clarify, verify, and prioritize reported client issues for the Small World Labs support team for your clients. Stay on top of issues to make sure they are resolved. Learn to fix easy ones yourself
- Identify opportunities for services and revenue-generating solutions to pass to our sales team
- The ability to think strategically (think business models and marketing plans), but also possess the creative, detail, and analytical skills to create the plans, execute the work, and track the results
- A very strong understanding of social media, online community, and collaboration solutions
- Exceptional time and priority management. You will create plans involving you, your clients, and resources across teams
- The ability to help run (and then run on your own) meetings effectively, generate action lists, follow up and ensure nothing falls through the cracks
- Exceptional communication, grammar, and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- A VERY service-oriented and positive attitude. Our clients will follow your enthusiasm
- Have knowledge of or an eagerness to learn basic image, HTML, and CSS editing. You don't have to be a designer, but you need to be able to tinker with everything
- The ability to manage multiple initiatives and responsibilities at one time
- Experience creating presentation materials in powerpoint, word, and excel
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree required; MBA or graduate degree is a plus
- Minimum of 3 years experience in marketing, consulting, agency, project management, or community management roles
- Experience working with non-profits or associations is a plus
Interested candidates, please email your resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Online Community Consultant”.
ABOUT SMALL WORLD LABS
Small World Labs is an experienced provider of an online community and social collaboration platform that enables organizations to connect with their constituents in new ways. We help organizations understand how to engage with their members to drive loyalty, create opportunities, ignite conversations, distribute knowledge, and share experiences.